Sunday, November 21, 2010

{ Technique Tuesday - Terrific Tag Challenge }


It's time for another Technique Tuesday challenge ---  make a gift tag! The only catch is your tag has to have some kind of stamping on it and be something you could tie onto a package. You don’t have to use Technique Tuesday stamps for this challenge. You have until December 8 to upload your project....DETAILS HERE. Easy!!!

Here are my tags. I love making them!!! They are easy and you can add them to your gifts. I love pulling several different stamp sets together and mixing them up.

For this set I used Glee, Holly Jolly Christmas, and  Passion For Polka.
 I started by stamping the bottom with polka dots. I punched several 3/4" circles and arranged them on tags and then I sprayed the tags with Apple and Graphite Glimmer Mist. The sleigh with the reindeer and the sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Christmas. I added music notes at the top of each tag. The music notes are stamped on the flowers, as well. I added a glitter pom pom to each flower.



I received my December Daily stamp set  by Ali Edwards  the other day and I thought they would be perfect for some tags. That stamp set is designed for everyone that is doing Ali's December Daily album, but, as you can see, there are many other uses for them.  

 I used Martha Stewart die cut tags and stamped each one with Peace on Earth stamp. After that I varied the centers. The snowflake center is perfect for 1" punch and the star is punched with 3/4" punch. 2010 fits perfectly in the round stamp and I cut that one by hand. The circle is a little bit over an inch and I figured it would be faster to cut it out than to look for a die. Each tag is inked and sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz to match.
These could easily be tied to a package with some twine or adhered to an envelope, gift card or a small package.


Let me know if you have any questions.

Please upload your Terrific Tags project to the gallery on Splitcoast. When you upload it, be sure to include TTSCS8 in the keywords section, as well as the keywords “Technique_Tuesday; techniquetuesday “ if you have used TT stamps. Then, share a link to it on the message board.

One person will win Pointed Perfection.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 PM

    Oh! jaw dropping to the ground:-) GORGEOUS!! I love the colors on those tags...just perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh I love all the detail, in such a small space! Great work :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love gift tags too. I am "freer" with my art with a gift tag. I don't feel as restricted! Its a small space so if I make a mistake its not hard to start over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Daniela!! The Christmas tags on top are my faves...love the distressed work. I will definitely have to CASE these! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my Sweet Friend....

    Wasn't it nice of them to name a stamp set after me? LOL

    Your tags are wonderful. I just adore your work & I think you are a "shining star" in everything your create!

    Hey, Alex...we have a foot of snow in my our yard! I bet you would love to come and build a snowman for me! I am thinking of you always, Glee

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPS...forgot....Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I am very thankful you are in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHUT UP!!! Jaw-droppin' GAAAAAW-JUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.