Wednesday, June 01, 2011

{ June Scrapbook Stamping Guest Designer }

I was asked by sweet and talented Nichol Magouirk to be one of the Guest Designes for June's Scrapbook Stamping class at 2Peas. The June class features Coloring in Stamped Images.

Here is what I created.


For this layout I used Technique Tuesday stamps and Perspectives collection patterned paper
I stamped a banner from Message in a Banner stamp set and  used Koh-I-Noor watercolor paints to color in my stamped images. 


I just used plain white cardstock because I knew I was going to cut out the images and watercolor paper is a little thicker. Using watercolor you can color your images to match your layout. 
The stars patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye.



For the celebrate from Kids Are Cool by Ali Edwards I stamped it on white cardstock and used Shimmerz Pearlz to paint over the top. I was trying to paint each letter, but that was taking too long. I tried painting the cardctock first and then stamping over the top, but the black ink was not as bright. I love how it turned out. I cut the word out and adhered it over a journaling note from Perspectives collection patterned paper. The "boy" is stamped in Cayan ink from Clearsnap. 


The journaling stamp is from Who What Where by Ali Edwards stamp set and I stamped the date from A Date with Ali  by Ali Edwards stamp set.

Nichol has a video on how she created her layout and colored her stamped images. You can participate in the challenge and be entered to win a gift certificate from 2Peas. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day.

*****If anyone is going to the GASC in Arlington TX,  come and stop by the Technique Tuesday booth...that is where I will be.*****

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a guest designer! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniela, this is beautiful -- but what ink did you use to stamp the images you watercolored? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Daniela! That banner looks stunning and Iove ALL the detail! Congrats on your GD spot! So well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! LOVE your stamping. The banner with the watercoloring is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniela, thanks for letting me know that it was Ranger archival black ink. I like the stuff too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE! Did you hear the big "Hecks to the yeah" holler??!!!
    LOVE, love, love!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one fabulous layout gf. Your little guy is so beautiful, and yes boys can be beautiful!!! I love your use of different mediums for page. I am new to scrapbooking so this is a big step for me to try and do a page like this. TY for the inspiration! Love that little boy....I have two sons and one daughter so know all about little guys!!! Plus now am a grandma to three girls and two boys. Me proud??? YOU BET and I bet you are too. LOL Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.