Thursday, September 27, 2012

{ 1 Million Pillowcases Challenge }

American Patchwork & Quilting is challenging you to help them reach their goal of donating one million pillowcases to local charities.  Many charities can benefit from the donation of a pillowcase and the challenge gives you the opportunity to donate and make a difference in your community.

Therm O Web is a proud sponsor of One Million Pillowcases Challenge through Better Homes & Gardens. Please visit our Therm O Web blog for more details.

Some of our DT members participated in the challenge, including me. We used PATTERN 25 Bubbles Appliqué Band for our pillowcases.

We are donating our pillowcase to Dover Children’s Home.

Please visit American Patchwork & Quilting One Million Pillowcases Challenge to see how you can help.

Here is mine.

I used HeatnBond Lite by Therm O Web to iron on the back of my fabric for the circles.

Step 1 Daniela Dobson

I used my Sizzix machine and dies to cut various sizes. I used my iron again to adhere them to the fabric.

Step 2 Daniela Dobson

I used my sewing machine to add a decorative stitch around each circle.

Step 3 Daniela Dobson

Here is a closer look.

My finished pillowcase.

If you like to sew I hope you can help with this challenge. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    How adorable!! You did a great job on this!! What a wonderful donation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out GREAT! My mom participates in this--so COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.