Saturday, October 01, 2016

{ October 2016 Memory Keepers Studio by Technique Tuesday and World Cardmaking Day }

Our October release of Memory Keepers Studio – Thankful Thoughts and Fresh Cut Studio – Blessed is available now. Plus, check out all that is new and available for October.

Today is World Card Making Day and it’s a holiday created by card makers for card makers. It started off years ago as a a day to kick off the busy holiday card making season, but it's become a day in recent years to celebrate making all kinds of cards. I hope you are having an amazing and creative day. Here is a card I created using Thankful Thoughts stamp set.

Grateful by Daniela Dobson

I distressed the background with white gesso and color shine. I stamped and heat embossed the wreath with gold embossing powder and stamped the sentiment and the flowers with black ink.

Grateful close by Daniela Dobson

I used papers and embellishments from my stash that are a little older, but I still love them. I machine stitched the edges with black thread.

Grateful close 2 by Daniela Dobson

We have a special offer for World Card Making Day.

Get a free Good Cardma stamp set with a $30 or more purchase on Technique Tuesday website through Monday, the 3rd. 

Technique-Tuesday-Good-Cardma-Free-Offer----SM-Square----V14

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Daniela, this is an an awesome card. I just love your style. Where do you get your inspiration? I would frame this, if someone sent it to me. What a work of art. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I started with Jillibean Soup ephemera package that had a gold sticker stuck to it. LOL. I always use white gesso to tone down a background. I did like this card that I made several years ago and wanted to do something similar. http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/2015/10/october-2015-memory-keepers-studio-by.html#.V_LXaPnx5iw I try to use my old work as an inspiration and it always turns out differently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.